Friday, October 17, 2008

Smells like..............

Did you know that if you place a bowl of oatmeal in the microwave, set it to cook for 14 minutes and leave the office that no one will realize what is happening until approximately 12 minutes and 32 seconds have passed?

One of the guys I work with (we'll call him Joe ;-) found that out yesterday.

When I stopped the microwave with 1 minute 28 seconds to go there was a small amount of smoke pouring out of the back of the microwave and I decided to wait until it cooled down, take it outside and let it air out somewhere that wasn't the enclosed space that is our office. Unfortunately "Joe" arrived back right then and opened the microwave up letting all of the rest of the smoke escape.

Guess what it smells like this morning? I'll put it this way, it is almost as bad as when they mix tuna for lunch!

1 comment:

Chocolate Chelsea said...

You are so funny. We did the same thing with our green beans yesterday. And yes it just smells like burning and the salmon my mom cooked. I hate fish, so fish and burning equals gag reflex :) Miss you!