Tuesday, April 15, 2008

voice over

so, i have wanted to take this voice over class ever since i heard about it when my son took a commercial acting class almost 5 years ago.

tonight was the first class, and my friend autumn was not there because she was sick which made me nervous!! there was one other girl and two guys. we were given a commercial to read in the studio behind a big microphone (a little intimidating i must say) i made the mistake of asking the other girl if she was nervous. she looked at me in a bit of a condesending way and said no why are you? i admit i said i was a little. STUPID! it only makes it worse.

she went first and to make my nerves worse the sound guy said 'i love your voice' to her and she did have a beautiful sexy husky voice. the next guy had a perfect radio voice deep smooth and even. the next guy was spot on really nice voice the kind you can imagine hearing on tv. and then there was me........ let me tell you this: no one in my entire life has ever told me that i have even a nice voice and i hate, hate, hate the way that i sound i have an uneven tone and horrible breath control. you may ask why if i hate my sound so much why would i take this class. i am doing it because it sounded fun and i really wanted something for myself that nobody i know has done before.

i hope autumn is there with me next week. it is fun, but i had no idea that the folks there with me would be so professional sounding before we ever began!

2 comments:

CANDACE said...

i love your voice! you have a cutie accent! :D i think it's awesome you're taking a VO class. i used to work for a guy that does that and he makes bank. like, BIG bank. he did all sorts of national spots & worked from home/from his homeS. way to go!

collin wimberly said...

I imagine that all those Cal. folks love your north Louisiana accent. No doubt you will do very well with this.

Collin