Friday, July 18, 2008

Does the Hands-Free law apply here?

Jake and I were coming home today from a movie. I took a route that I haven't taken in a while because I considered going to get yogurt (I restrained).


As we were coming up Alvarado road, the car in front of us slowed to almost a stop and I couldn't see why - the last time that happened as we came up that road a bicyclist had been hit by a car, so I was having some flashbacks.


I asked Jake if he could see someone on the other side of the car in front of us and he said "yeah, it is some lady in a wheelchair". "Really, a wheelchair?" "yep". It was actually the chair below.



Not only that - when the car in front of us went around her i could see that she was sort of swerving into the lane of traffic because she was yes - ON THE PHONE! She was in a hard right swerve so I passed her. As I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw her swerve hard left right in front of a huge truck that had been behind me and a car coming the other direction! Do you think that the law should apply to someone who doesn't even have fiberglass protecting their body when they cause an accident? Cuz she was an accident waiting to happen!

1 comment:

batgirl said...

Oh my gosh! Now we have people in jazzys running people off the roads?? I think that does it! Now we've seen everything! We can all die in peace.