Sunday, August 3, 2008

What the HECK was I thinking?!?!?!?!

Tomorrow at 8am along with my family and about 159,000 other folks who live in the San Diego Stake (okay a bit of an exaggeration) I will board one of 3 buses, ride 24 hours to Wyoming and spend 3 days on a Pioneer trek. Then another 4 days running around Idaho & Utah with them participating in some heavily scheduled activities. Lava Hot Springs, tour of Univ. of Utah, Temple Square etc...

We will be all decked out in our Pioneer gear (first 3 days only, thankfully - I have rebelled and purchased a straw hat, because I DON'T see myself in a bonnet) and spend our days without cell phones, Internet, ipods or other mechanical items OH FUN no showers either for these 3 days!

2 months ago we had a dancing and games activity to prepare for the games/activities of the time period. As I walked around taking photos, I realized there were a few folks that being around for 2 hours was pushing my sanity limits how in the world will I make it a full week? Hot, sweaty, stinky, and tired (because let's face it I already am tired now thinking about it!) are not really conducive to being patient in the affliction of hanging out with some folks who live on my last nerve! Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few of these folks I can't wait to spend time with, and normally I am not a glass half empty kind of girl but dragging this out has really taxed me!

4 comments:

CANDACE said...

we did a youth trek when i was in YW, the spring after i turned 16. it was an amazing & spiritual experience, although i would have had an even more amazing & spiritual experience if i had been more focused on the experience rather than all the boys from the stake being around! how neat that you get to do this with your family. i can't wait to hear about it!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

ann...you gotta post some pics of you in the straw hat!!! luv it! not an easy "adventure", how did the pioneers ever do it? i'm totally with you on the shower too, um hello! but truly, an experience i'm sure you will treasure...luv cami

*J*E*N* said...

hang in there- I am expecting lots of stories!

Jennifer Buck said...

k...it doesn't look like there was any electricity. Are you nuts! ;)