Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Traditions Tag

1. Egg nog or Hot chocolate?
Never Nog! Hot chocolate all the way!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Just sits them under the tree. Now that my kids are ‘older’ he wraps many of them days in advance and puts them under the tree!

3. Colored lights on a tree/house or white.
I love White lights to help all the beautiful colored ornaments stand out! (I agree with Heidi – white lights on the tree. We put colored lights on the house)

4. Do I hang mistletoe?
No, but I kind of wish I did!

5. When do I put up my decorations?

We get our tree the Monday after Thanksgiving and decorate for FHE!

6. What is my favorite holiday dish?
All of the comfort foods I grew up with that I don’t get to have anymore – sausage balls for breakfast, broccoli casserole, cornbread stuffing.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Being at my grandmother’s house one Christmas Eve with my Jorstad cousins and my older cousin Debbie kept looking out the window and was sure that she saw Rudolph’s red nose. Of course then we all saw it!

8. When and how did I learn the truth about Santa?
Same as my favorite holiday memory – Debbie’s little sister Julie told me there was no Santa because she had a price tag on her coloring book!

9. Do we open a Christmas gift on Christmas Eve?
I grew up with that tradition, and Doug kicked against it for years! Now, we open pajamas on Christmas eve.

10. How do I decorate our tree?
White lights – mostly red balls (sometimes red bows) a few ornaments for the years we have been married lots are those cutesy family ornaments with our names. And lots of stuff the kids made when they were younger.

11. Can I ice skate?
No, too chicken to try!

12. Can I remember my favorite gift?
Mrs. Beasley, I think I was like 2 when I got this (it was from a really popular tv show at the time and now I feel older than dirt!)

13. What is the most important thing about the holidays for me?
Family time and also service to others.

14. What is my favorite holiday dessert?
Banana split pie (holy cow!)

15. What is my favorite holiday tradition?
Baking with my family

16. What tops my tree?
Angel

17. What do I prefer - Giving or receiving?
Giving!

18. What is my favorite Christmas song?
Carol of the Bells & Angels We have heard on High



19. Candy Canes?
Yes, especially at church.



I tag... Jennifer, Candace, Danielle, Chelsea, (Heidi already got most of my friends!) Go get it Girls!

No comments: