Friday, December 5, 2008

Turkey Bowl

Now: As everyone knows this was a pretty wet Thanksgiving. It was also kind of bittersweet.

When Kyle was young, probably 4 he wanted to have a Turkey bowl. So, we got together with our neighbors and as many other friends we could gather and had a huge time! Every Thanksgiving we had families with kids from 4 - adults and we played football and soccer most years we had families from out of town join us, sometimes people we knew would drive by and see us on the field and stop to participate. Boys and girls would play, I actually played a couple of times! Then 2 years ago it was our last Turkey bowl - our friends moved to Poway, and a tradition came to an end. Last year our family went on a cruise, so I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would and this year I missed it more than I thought I could.


Then:

No comments: